Classical implantation of teeth – a restoration of missing teeth. Implantation of the teeth – is a complex operation aimed at restoring the entire structure of the tooth – from the root to the top. Prosthetic dentistry in this place in two stages, which can take several months.
Dental implantation involves the installation of several elements:
- implant, the implant or implants – artificial titanium root that is implanted directly into bone tissue replaces the tooth root;
- abutment – a titanium rod that connects the implant and the tooth crown;
- dental crown – the visible part, which acts as an artificial tooth.
Dental Implants: Indications
Indications for implantation of teeth – the absence of one or more teeth, as well as the desire to have beautiful, straight teeth (albeit artificial) throughout life. The only thing that can bring – a dental crown, but its no problem to replace.
Classical implantation of teeth: the advantages
- lifespan of implants: the whole life;
- load on the bone: implant gives exactly the same load on bone tissue that tooth, previously located in its place;
allowed the use of any food;
- restoration of one tooth, the whole dentition;
- complete simulation of a natural tooth;
- when restoring a single tooth is not damaged nearby;
- allows you to “work” of bone tissue, the risk of atrophying reduced to a minimum;
- allows you to restore the extreme in a series of teeth.
When installing the complex fixed prosthesis (dental bridges, restoration of the whole jaw) or removable dentures:
- Reliable fixation of prostheses in the mouth;
- conservation of living teeth – no need to grind your teeth to install bridge;
- implant can evenly distribute the load on bone tissue;
- extends the life of the prosthesis (due to the fact that he keeps than natural teeth, which may eventually begin to totter);
- minimum size of the prosthesis due to the absence of bulky locks.
Dental Implants: shortcomings
Among the main disadvantages of implantation – a long term restoration of teeth, possible complications after surgery, the presence of a large number of contraindications, as well as high cost procedures
Contraindications to implant here – it is a long list of diseases. Among the absolute – malignant tumor, tuberculosis, diabetes, blood diseases and bone diseases, central nervous system. Among the relative (ie, operation is possible after elimination of the problem) – periodontal disease, malocclusion, bruxism (teeth grinding during sleep), poor oral hygiene, the presence of various diseases of jaws, jaw structure, which is not possible to introduce implants and pregnancy.
Classical implantation of teeth: Stages
- preparation for implantation: the exclusion of possible contraindications, brushing the oral cavity (dental and gum), the choice of implantation;
- quantification of bone tissue for the installation of the implant teeth. In the absence of the required number may need to build bone – for this doctor makes an incision in the bone tissue and adds a special ingredient that mimics the natural bone tissue. Within 5 months of this material expands and completely fused with the bone tissue – only then can implant the implant. Although modern dental implants may enter and a minimum number of bone tissue (mini-implants or implants placed at an angle)? dental implant: phase involves the introduction of anesthesia, cut gums, the introduction of the implant, suturing the gums. This stage takes a long period of time, since the implant should be completely grow together with bone tissue – only then you can put on the abutment and install crown;
- installation of the abutment and the dental crown: after the implants are root and avoid their rejection, on top of them put on the abutment. Literally a week later (again, must heal the gums) has been put on top of preformed dental crown, which fully emulates live tooth.
During the installation of implants – from 3 months to a year. It depends on the condition of the mouth, how quickly will take root implants and whether additional steps to build bone.
Care of implants is to regularly clean the mouth. By the way, the lack of desire or ability to conduct daily oral hygiene can serve as a refusal to implantation. It is important to remove plaque, food debris to ensure that they have not penetrated into the bone tissue and did not lead to rejection of the implant.