Festivals and Celebrations of Bangladesh
- Eid ul-Fitr – on the 1st day of Shawwal month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
- Eid ul-Adha – on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah month of the Islamic calendar.
- Chaand Raat – on the 29th or 30th night of Ramadan month of the Islamic calendar.
- Ashura – on the 10th day of Muharram in the Islamic calendar.
- Eid-e-Meeladun Nabi – The Birth of the Prophet Muhammed’s
- Bishwa Ijtema
- Durga Puja – from the 2nd to the 7th day of Kartik month of the Bengali calendar.
- Krishna Janmashtami – celebration of the birth of the Hindu deity Krishna
- Rathayatra, the most popular being Dhamrai Rathayatra.
- Kali Puja
- Saraswati Puja
- Ashtami Snan on Chaitra Shukla Paksha Ashtami (ninth day during the waxing phase of moon in Chaitra Month) as per Hindu Lunar Calendar
- Buddha Purnima – Buddha’s Birthday
- Madhu Purnima
- Kathin Chibardan – offering of woven robe made of cotton to monks and nuns.
- Boro Din or Christmas – on 25 December of the Gregorian calendar.
- Easter Sunday
Patriotic and National Observances
- Language Movement Day – (International Mother Language Day); Wearing colour:
- Genocide Remembrance Day
- National day of mourning
- Independence Day; Wearing colour:
- Armed Forces Day
- Martyred Intellectuals Day
- Victory Day; Wearing colour:
- Rokeya Day
- Rabindra Jayanti
- Nazrul Jayanti
- Dhaka World Music Festival (music)
- Bengal Classical Music Festival
- International Folk Festival
- Pahela Baishakh – on the 1st day of the Bengali calendar and summer festival; also called Bangla Noboborsho; Wearing colour:
- Boshonto Utshob – Spring festival also known as Pohela Falgun; Wearing colour:
- Nabanna – Winter and harvest festival; Wearing colour:
- Borsha Utshob – Monsoon festival; Wearing colour:
- Nouka Baich – Boat racing festivals held after the monsoon when rivers are filled
- Bengal Original Culture Festival
- Cinemaking International Film Festival
- Dhaka Festival
- Dhaka Art Summit
- Hay Festival Dhaka
- Dhaka Fashion Week
- Dhaka International Film Festival
- Chobi Mela International Photography Festival
- CRACK International Art Camp
- International Children’s Film Festival Bangladesh
- Bioscope Children’s Photography Festival
- Ekushey Book Fair – in Dhaka on the month of February of the Gregorian calendar.
- Dhaka International Trade Fair
- National Tree Fair – Month-long National Tree Plantation Campaign and Tree Fair.
- National Fisheries Week and Fish Fair – Week-long National Fiash Trade and Fair.
- Shakrain – in Dhaka at the end of the Poush of the Bengali calendar.
- Jatiya Pitha Utsab – National Pitha (Cake) Festival.
- Joy Bangla Concert – annual concert to mark the 7 March Speech of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib.
- Nouka Baich
- Bisu Mela